The Talking Daschund

It was the summer holidays and it was raining. I was in my room reading a book. I then heard a voice coming from the bunkbed. Amongst all my toys I saw this toy daschund speaking to me.”Who are you? Toy dogs can’t talk,” I panicked.

“My name is Sam,” replied the dog.

Sam wanted to go outside on the trampoline but we had to sneak past people. We bounced for hours after I lifted him onto the trampoline as his legs were too short to reach it. After a while Sam was getting hungry.

He asked, “Have you any food, I’m starving.”

Sam and I went to the biscuit cupboard and I looked for dog biscuits for him.

“I don’t like them. I want normal biscuits,” moaned Sam.

I got digestives for Sam and myself. Then we headed for the playstation and Sam kept winning the shooting game because he kept cheating. I tried to cover his eyes but he growled and tried to bite me.

I had quite a busy day so I thought I would have a lie down. When I opened my eyes I found myself in my room and realised it was all just a dream. I looked at Sam, still under my bed, and wondered if I saw him wink!

One thought on “The Talking Daschund